- Assess the threats and challenges facing your business
- Brainstorm new opportunities
- Organize your thinking and
- Transform it into a cohesive action plan
I’ve created in e-course that’s designed to help you and other business owners do just that.
I’m Chuck Frey, publisher and author of the Mind Mapping Software Blog, the world’s most trusted resource for training and advice on how to use visual thinking tools and strategies to help business executives think, plan and manage projects at a much higher level of thinking and effectiveness.
Mind mapping software is a powerful tool that can bring clarity, power and focus to your thinking. Here’s what the readers of my blog had to say in a recent survey:
- They rated the ability to reach clarity quickly as one of the top three business benefits of mind mapping software,
- 62% percent said it helps them tackle more complex tasks and projects that they would have otherwise avoided, and
- Two-thirds agreed that it helps them do a more thorough job of thinking and planning.
I call mind mapping software “The Savvy Executive’s Secret Weapon” because it can transform the ways in which you think, plan and execute!
It’s been my mission for the last 13 years to teach busy executives how to profit from it, so you can grow your business. That’s why I created this course.
How mind mapping software supercharges strategic planning
Mind mapping software can help you streamline your strategic planning process and can help you produce better outcomes than you ever thought possible. It can help you to:
- Increase the engagement of your team members and draw out their best thinking
- Reach consensus on key issues faster
- Brainstorm and evaluate a wide range of strategic options
- Easily convert your ideas into actionable plans
- Save you a mountain of time and frustration compiling and sharing meeting notes
Your comprehensive yet concise guide to using this tool
My new e-course is the first and only training tool of its kind. It draws upon my extensive expertise in business applications of mind mapping software, plus the expertise of experts who do strategic planning for a living.
Here is an excerpt from the course. As you can see, it doesn’t just cover the mechanics of using mind mapping software for this important process, but also helps you understand WHY it’s effective and how to use it for best results.
What you’ll learn
MODULE 1: Why visual strategic planning?
- 8 reasons why strategic planning requires a visual approach
- Why whiteboards don’t work for strategic planning (they’re more inefficient than you may realize!)
- 7 advantages of using mind mapping software to manage your strategic planning session
- The myriad of thinking styles mind mapping software supports (which make it perfectly aligned to this application)
MODULE 2: 5 types of mind maps for strategic planning
- The role each type of map plays in gathering key information and supporting brainstorming and other thinking activities
- Examples and discussion of how to employ each type of map for best results
- The SWOT analysis map
- The PEST analysis map
- The PESTLE analysis map
- Porter’s 5 Forces analysis map
- Cost-benefit analysis map
MODULE 3: A closer look at strategic planning mind maps
- A deeper dive into 2 types of maps for capturing your team’s input and ideas
- This module walks you step-by-step through each thinking and planning process.
- What each section of your master planning map needs to include and key questions you ought to ask your team at each step
- INCLUDES A DOWNLOADABLE STRATEGIC PLAN MIND MAP TEMPLATE
MODULE 4: How to prepare for your strategic planning session
- Features and functionality your mind mapping software MUST support – for maximum efficiency and flexibility
- What capabilities should your ideal facilitator have?
- Should you separate the facilitator and scribe roles?
- What critical elements should you include in your meeting agenda
MODULE 5: Using mind mapping software during your planning session
- How to set up your mind map. The foundation you start with matters. A lot. Why? Because your mind map frames the discussion.
- Do’s and don’ts for adding discussion details to your mind map
- 4 important options for grouping related ideas
- Key things you MUST keep in mind during your strategic planning session
- How to avoid overwhelming your team with information
- An advanced mapping capability you’ll find VERY useful
MODULE 6: After the strategic planning session
- How do define action steps – how to ensure you don’t get bogged down in too many details
- How to extend the life of your mind map well beyond the planning session
- A wrap-up: 5 critical advantages mind maps bring to strategic planning
Strategic planning mind map template
With the template below, you can hit the ground running. It will help you manage the essential thinking exercises you need to cover, from an assessment of your current situation to envisioning your organization’s ideal future – and finally translating that into objectives and actions. This template will save you many hours of time and much hassle!
NEW: 6 bonus reports add even more value
Strategic planning is actually a collection of thinking and planning exercises that help you develop a well-rounded picture of your organization’s present situation and future potential. That’s why this course includes 6 bonus reports, covering:
- How to do a competitive analysis with a mind map
- How to facilitate a group brainstorming session using mind mapping software
- How to do a risk assessment using mind mapping software
- How to conduct a future scenario exercise using mind mapping software
- How mind maps can help you do “What if?” brainstorming
- 4 mind mapping software programs I recommend for managing strategic planning sessions
(Total value: Over $100)
NEW: 3 video mini-lessons add clarity to mind mapping concepts
Some of the concepts I talk about in the course make more sense if you can see them in action. That’s why I added 3 video mini-lessons to the curriculum. In 5 minutes or less, I show you these important mind mapping software features in action:
- Mind mapping software basics – in only 15 minutes!
- How brainstorming mode works in mind mapping software,
- Managing a large, complex mind map with filters, and
- How and why to “park” a topic for later discussion.
After you’ve completed the Mind Mapping Software for Strategic Planning e-course:
- You’ll be able to lead your next planning session with increased confidence and clarity
- You’ll get off to a fast start with a mind map template that’s based on a comprehensive scan of the best practices for strategic planning
- You’ll be able to keep your planning team more focused and engaged than ever before
- You’ll get better buy-in from team members because they’ll see their ideas in context
Is this course right for me?
The Mind Mapping Software for Strategic Planning e-course is for you if…
…Your leadership team’s planning sessions tend to be disorganized, painful or just rehash the same old problems and challenges
…You’ve been having trouble cultivating consensus and clarity in your team’s thinking and planning
…You need to get their thinking unstuck so they can imagine new opportunities for innovation and growth
…You need a better way to capture, build upon and take action on the information and ideas you and your team generate
…You want to accelerate your company’s growth!
Is mind mapping for you?
Are you worried that mind mapping software has a steep learning curve? It’s actually quite easy and intuitive to use. You can get started creating basic mind maps very quickly. In fact, I’ve created a 15-minute video that will walk you through everything you need to know.
Once you get started, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it!
An incredible return on a modest investment
What’s your time worth on an hourly basis? As a business owner, your time is worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars per hour. All you need to get a positive ROI from this training program is one hour of savings.
In reality, you will save MUCH more than that.
If you’re conducting a session with a team, this ROI gets amplified even more by the number of high-value executives who you’re asking to take time away from their normal revenue-producing activities to be part of your team. Transforming the effectiveness of your time together will yield an incredible return on your modest investment in this comprehensive e-course.
If you need to focus and transform your firm’s approach to the future, then you need this course!
NO-RISK GUARANTEE: If for any reason this course doesn’t meet your expectations, I’ll give you a full refund of your investment. No questions asked.