This new course teaches a simple 4-step process to create clear, concise, actionable mind maps. It helps you use the full potential of your mind mapping software so you can get more done and reach your objectives faster.
Who is this course for?
Leaders and managers
Do you have too many projects and priorities to manage?
Do you wish you could develop and act on more of your ideas?
This course is for anyone who wants to:
- Vanquish information overload and get more done
- Reach clarity faster on your projects and plans
- Unlock the full potential of your ideas
- Increase the opportunities in your work and life
- Accelerate your career by elevating the level of your thinking
Think, plan and take action on your ideas with less stress and frustration, using the powerful visual thinking tool you already own!
The promise of the course
You will learn how to consistently plan, organize and build mind maps that leverage the full potential of your mind mapping software, express your ideas in clear, concise and compelling ways and help you to make a bigger impact in your work and life.
- The tool by itself only represents potential power. It needs a properly trained mind to wield its full power!
- Surveys show it helps experienced users increase their productivity and creativity by 30%. This course will help you UNLOCK that astounding potential!
- Reach clarity faster and capitalize on your best ideas!
The F.A.S.T. framework acts as a pattern interrupt, jolting your thinking to a much higher level.
With the tools I’ve outlined in this course, you can elevate the quality of your thinking, your ideas and your work. You no longer have to be a hostage to knowledge, information and data. You can make them work in some powerful ways FOR you, using the F.A.S.T. framework!
Be confident. Be effective. Make a bigger impact with your ideas.
What's included in this course
5 video lessons that walk you, step-by-step, through the F.A.S.T. framework
A tutorial that walks you through the process of building a business mind map for a real project – so you understand how to apply what you’ve learned
Questions you can use as “brain prompts” to help you think through the content, structure and key messages of your mind map
Mind map templates to help you get started – faster – using the F.A.S.T. framework
A checklist – in both linear and mind map form – to ensure that you’re following all the principles and best practices of the F.A.S.T. framework.
I’m Chuck Frey, the founder and author of The Mind Mapping Software Blog, the world’s leading source of news, reviews, advice, research and training on all types of visual tools for over 14 years. I am widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on mind mapping software.
I created this course because it bothered me that so many people seem to get stuck at the basic level of using mind mapping software.
It’s my goal to help you break through the barriers that hold you back from realizing your full potential with this powerful type of thinking and planning tool!
Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Why do so many users of mind mapping software struggle to advance beyond the basics?
- The legend of the Gordian Knot – and why its the perfect metaphor for the challenges of work today
- The changing nature of work – and why it’s essential that you upgrade your mind mapping skills to be successful today
- The 3 must-have qualities that all effective mind maps share
- How frameworks can help you to elevate your proficiency and accelerate your success in many types of work activities
Lesson 2 – Foundation
- What are basic ordering ideas and why are they critically important?
- Why it’s impossible to create clear, concise and useful mind maps without a solid foundation
- Get clear on the objectives of your mind map.
- 5 example mind maps and their purpose – decoded
- 10 types of first-level topics to inspire your thinking
- What’s emergent structure, and why is it wise to incorporate it into your map planning
- How to take your use of templates to the next level of effectiveness
- 7 key questions to help you build a rock-solid foundation for your mind map
- First-level topic FAQs
- Exercise: Let’s build the foundation of a marketing plan mind map
Lesson 3 – Associate
- Why your mind’s associative ability is your secret superpower as you build out your mind map
- 7 techniques for building out the content of your mind maps – including several that are inspired by successful brainstorming techniques
- 5 questions to help you uncover new ideas, knowledge and insights to add to your mind map
- Exercise: Let’s build out our marketing plan mind map
Lesson 4 – Synthesis & Sense-Making
- How to organize, distill and make sense of everything you’ve added to your mind map
- What is synthesis and why is it critical to improving the quality of your mind maps
- Making sense of the nebulous concept of clarity – and 5 rules for achieving it with mind maps
- 5 techniques for synthesizing the contents of your mind maps
- The simple practice that can improve the quality of your mind maps by up to 80%
- Why refactoring is so powerful
- The artist’s technique for sense-making
- 11 questions to help you distill and improve the content of your mind map
- Exercise: Applying what we’ve learned to our marketing plan mind map
Lesson 5 – Transform
- Adding the finishing touches to your mind map that will multiply its utility and value
- The secret value of icons and symbols that make them invaluable in large mind maps
- How to instantly make your mind map more understandable to others
- How to quickly draw attention to specific topics that need it
- 8 types of links that can transform the value of your mind maps
- Why dashboards are the ultimate expression of the power and value of software-produced mind maps
- How to transform your mind map into a visual database with this little-known capability of high-end mind mapping tools
- The importance of listening your gut
- 4 questions to help you take your mind map to the next level of effectiveness
- Exercise: Transforming our marketing plan mind map into a truly hard-working planning tool!
- How the F.A.S.T. framework can help make information, knowledge and ideas work FOR you!
Mind map readiness checklist: Verify that your mind map is the best it can be, following the principles and best practices of the F.A.S.T. framework.
Brainstorming map: How to create a mind map that enables you to capture your ideas AND the triggers used to generate them during the Associate step of the F.A.S.T. framework.
First-level topics map: 10 idea-starters to jump-start your thinking on first-level topis during step 1 of the F.A.S.T. framework, foundation.
Ultimate SCAMPER brainstorming map: Over 200 brainstorming prompts that will help you view your creative challenge from radically different perspectives. This ideation technique is among the best in the world because it’s awesome at generating divergent ideas!
What if you’ve never used mind mapping software before? This course includes my 30-minute Mind Mapping Software QuickStart mini-course (a value of $29), plus a free report on how to select mind mapping software and a 17-point “pre-flight checklist” to help you assess if your mind map is “done.”
It's time to elevate your success!
- Vanquish information overload
- Eliminate mind map frustration
- Accomplish more in less time
- Capture and express and share your ideas more clearly,
- Gain deeper insights from your ideas, information and knowledge
- Compound the value of your knowledge and ideas
- Look like a rock star to your boss
Based on the feedback I’ve received from the readers of this blog, you’re about to transform your experience with mind mapping software. But if you’re not satisfied with this course for any reason, contact me within 60 days for a 100%, no-questions-asked refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need a framework to produce mind maps using mind mapping software?
When you have a tool like mind mapping software, you only have POTENTIAL power. If you have a system or process that can help you to get the most out of it, you can accomplish 5, 10 or even 100 times more!
A well-designed framework:
- Saves you time
- Reduces wasted effort and the frustration that comes with it
- Helps you focus on and leverage best practices
- Provides you with shortcuts that can help you to achieve the results you seek, faster
- Acts as a priceless guide to focus your thinking along a proven, successful process. It’s a multiplier for your effectiveness.
- Allows beginners to make progress and experts to progress faster
- Helps you transform chaos into clear, orderly thinking and planning
- Helps you make better-informed decisions
A good framework empowers you. You may not have all the answers, but you know how to use a good process to arrive at them faster and more reliably!
I already downloaded the F.A.S.T. framework e-book. How is this course different?
The first version of the F.A.S.T. framework was based on my perception of what mind mappers needed to build effective mind maps. But it wasn’t validated by you, my loyal readers.
For version 2.0, I asked the readers of this blog to help me make it better – more relevant, more helpful, more actionable. Many of you shared your insights and suggestions with me. Your feedback was eye-opening and helped to shape the F.A.S.T. framework into what it is today – an even more powerful process for producing effective mind maps!
What’s new in this version?
- New tips and techniques have been added to each stage of the framework
- A new set of criteria to help you achieve clarity in the mind maps you create
- Map assessment questions have been clarified and expanded
- The course is WAY more visual than the book
- A new set of exercises helps you put to use what you learn in each lesson
- A set of downloadable mind maps and tools you can use immediately to improve the quality of your mind maps
- And more!
Can’t I just find this information elsewhere on the web?
No. There are many websites that contain brief tutorials on “how to create a mind map.” But they only scratch the surface of what mind mapping software makes possible.
I’ve invested over 14 years investigating, experimenting, learning and sharing the best of what I’ve learned with users of mind mapping software. That tacit knowledge can’t be found anywhere else, online or offline.