- Your typical planning sessions tend to be disorganized, painful or just rehash the same old problems and challenges
- You’ve been having trouble cultivating consensus and clarity in your leadership team’s thinking and planning
- You need to get your team’s thinking unstuck so they can imagine new opportunities for innovation and growth
- You need a better way to capture, build upon and take action on the information and ideas generated by you and your team
My new Mind Mapping Software for Strategic Planning e-course can help.
Strategic planning needs an efficiency upgrade
Strategic planning holds so much promise for the future of your organization. But at the same time, it can be incredibly challenging:
- Keeping your team engaged and focused can be challenging.
- Getting buy-in from each team member isn’t always easy – especially if they think their ideas are getting lost in a disorganized planning process
- The typical strategic planning meeting generates a mountain of notes and ideas, which end up trapped on flip chart sheets and whiteboards
Sharing the outcomes of each step in the process can be very time-consuming (someone has to transcribe, organize and distribute those notes and ideas!)
- You need to be able to convert all of your thinking and planning into productive action – complete with priorities, task and resource assignments, milestones and timetables
Mind mapping software is uniquely designed to handle all of these challenges and more. It’s the perfect tool for strategic planning.
Achieve clarity and action – faster
But it’s clear you need help in understanding how to leverage it to streamline and supercharge your planning sessions:
In a recent survey of mind mapping software training topics, you ranked strategic planning as the number one topic you’d like me to focus on.
That’s why I’ve created this comprehensive e-course – to teach you how to set up and manage your best strategic planning session ever.
This is my most extensive course to date (6 modules) and I’m pretty excited about it. Not just because it’s designed to meet your needs (based on your feedback), but because strategic planning is one of the highest value applications of mind mapping software!
This is the first and only mind mapping e-course of its kind. It draws upon my extensive expertise in business applications of mind mapping software, plus the expertise of people who do strategic planning sessions for a living.
Support for strategic thinking tasks
Here is an excerpt from the course. As you can see, it doesn’t just cover the mechanics of using mind mapping software in this important application, but also helps you understand WHY it’s effective and how to use it for best results.
What you’ll learn
MODULE 1: Why visual strategic planning?
- 8 reasons why strategic planning requires a visual approach
- Why whiteboards don’t work for strategic planning (they’re more inefficient than you may realize!)
- 7 advantages of using mind mapping software to manage your strategic planning session
- The myriad of thinking styles mind mapping software supports (which make it perfectly aligned to this application)
MODULE 2: 5 types of mind maps for strategic planning
- The role each type of map plays in gathering key information and supporting brainstorming and other thinking activities
- Examples and discussion of how to employ each type of map for best results
- The SWOT analysis map
- The PEST analysis map
- The PESTLE analysis map
- Porter’s 5 Forces analysis map
- Cost-benefit analysis map
MODULE 3: A closer look at strategic planning mind maps
- A deeper dive into 2 types of maps for capturing your team’s input and ideas
- This module walks you step-by-step through each thinking and planning process.
- What each section of your master planning map needs to include and key questions you ought to ask your team at each step
- INCLUDES A DOWNLOADABLE STRATEGIC PLAN MIND MAP TEMPLATE
MODULE 4: How to prepare for your strategic planning session
- Features and functionality your mind mapping software MUST support – for maximum efficiency and flexibility
- What capabilities should your ideal facilitator have?
- Should you separate the facilitator and scribe roles?
- What critical elements should you include in your meeting agenda
MODULE 5: Using mind mapping software during your planning session
- How to set up your mind map. The foundation you start with matters. A lot. Why? Because your mind map frames the discussion.
- Do’s and don’ts for adding discussion details to your mind map
- 4 important options for grouping related ideas
- Key things you MUST keep in mind during your strategic planning session
- How to avoid overwhelming your team with information
- An advanced mapping capability you’ll find VERY useful
MODULE 6: After the strategic planning session
- How do define action steps – how to ensure you don’t get bogged down in too many details
- How to extend the life of your mind map well beyond the planning session
- A wrap-up: 5 critical advantages mind maps bring to strategic planning
NEW: Mind mapping software 101
If you haven’t used mind mapping software before, this 1-hour mini-course will teach you the basics of it. Armed with this understanding of it, you’ll be better equipped to understand the rest of the course. If you’re already familiar with the concepts and practices of mind mapping software, you can skip this lesson.
Strategic planning mind map template
With the template below, you can hit the ground running. It will help you manage the essential thinking exercises you need to cover, from an assessment of your current situation to envisioning your organization’s ideal future – and finally translating that into objectives and actions. This template will save you many hours of time and much hassle!
6 bonus reports add even more value
Strategic planning is actually a collection of thinking and planning exercises that help you develop a well-rounded picture of your organization’s present situation and future potential. That’s why this course includes 6 bonus reports, covering:
- How to do a competitive analysis with a mind map
- How to facilitate a group brainstorming session using mind mapping software
- How to do a risk assessment using mind mapping software
- How to conduct a future scenarios exercise using mind mapping software
- How mind maps can help you do “What if?” brainstorming
- 4 mind mapping software programs I recommend for managing strategic planning sessions
(Total value: Over $100)
3 video mini-lessons add clarity to mind mapping concepts
Some of the concepts I talk about in the course make more sense if you can see them in action. That’s why I added 3 video mini-lessons to the curriculum. In 5 minutes or less, I show you these important mind mapping software features in action:
- How brainstorming mode works in mind mapping software,
- Managing a large, complex mind map with filters, and
- How and why to “park” a topic for later discussion.
Skills to elevate the effectiveness of any type of business planning
Whether you need to manage a strategic planning session, create a business or marketing plan or get your head around a major, multi-faceted project, the framework is the same:
- Assess where you are now,
- Brainstorm what you need to accomplish,
- Identify the most valuable and actionable ideas. and
- Formulate a plan of action with all of the right tasks, resources and budget.
That’s what my new e-course reveals: a practical, easy-to-implement framework that guides you through a visual thinking and planning process that leads to superior outcomes.
You can use the skills this course teaches you to elevate the way you manage ANY type of business planning.
Is this course right for me?
The Mind Mapping Software for Strategic Planning e-course is for you if…
…Your typical planning sessions tend to be disorganized, painful or just rehash the same old problems and challenges
…You’ve been having trouble cultivating consensus and clarity in your leadership team’s thinking and planning
…You need to get your team’s thinking unstuck so they can imagine new opportunities for innovation and growth
…You need a better way to capture, build upon and take action on the information and ideas generated by you and your team
…You want to impress your organization’s leadership with your wicked smart thinking and planning skills
After you’ve completed the Mind Mapping Software for Strategic Planning e-course:
- You’ll be able to lead your next planning session with increased confidence and clarity
- You’ll get off to a fast start with a mind map template that’s based on a comprehensive scan of the best practices for strategic planning
- You’ll be able to keep your planning team more focused and engaged than ever before
- You’ll get better buy-in from team members because they’ll see their ideas in context
- Your boss will be impressed with your command of your tool (your mind mapping software) and the streamlined collaboration and planning process it enables
Bring your A-game to your business planning tasks
Increasingly, the business challenges you face ad hoc in nature. They don’t conform to a rigid, year-to-year process. You need a tool and a powerful yet flexible framework to make sense of it all, so you can confidently craft a clear, compelling path to the future and execute on it.
What’s your time worth on an hourly basis? If you’re a mid-level executive, your fully-loaded cost to your employer is at least $70 per hour – and could easily be in excess of $100 per hour if you’re a senior-level manager. All you need to get a positive ROI from this training program is one hour of savings.
In reality, you will save MUCH more than that.
If you’re conducting a session with a team, this ROI gets amplified even more by the number of high-value executives who you’re asking to take time away from their normal revenue-producing activities to be part of your team. Transforming the effectiveness of your time together will yield an incredible return on your modest investment in this comprehensive e-course.
There’s a lot at stake:
Use their time poorly and your career will suffer. Use it wisely to energize, clarify and focus your company’s direction, and you could be the hero!
The outcome of your strategic planning session can literally make the difference between the success and growth of your firm – or a steep descent into mediocrity and irrelevance. Business is moving too fast and discontinuously to leave strategic planning to chance.
If you need to transform your organization’s approach to strategic planning and business planning, then you need this course!