About Chuck Frey (@chuckfrey)
Thanks for clicking the URL in my Twitter profile. Here’s a little background on who I am and what I do.
My name is Chuck Frey and I’m the guy behind The Mind Mapping Software Blog, the definitive souce for news, trends, tips and best practices for visual mapping tools, and InnovationTools, the world’s largest website devoted to the topics of innovation, creativity and brainstorming.
I live in Waterford, Wisconsin (USA) with my wife Anne-Marie and three children, 22, 21 and 18 years old. I have a bachelor’s degree in journalism and have been writing all of my life. I have extensive experience in public relations, marketing, web development, creativity and innovation. I’m also committed to continuous learning – lately about social media tools like Twitter!
I launched InnovationTools in 2002, after I discovered that no “portal” website – a one-stop source for news, trends and best practices related to innovation – didn’t exist. This extensive website now gets between 150,000 to 180,000 unique visits per month and contains hundreds of articles.
This website includes:
- Over 600 articles on enterprise innovation and creativity
- A comprehensive and regularly-updated summary of innovation news and trends
- The most extensive innovation- and creativity-related links directory on the web
- Resource centers devoted to important topics like innovation research, idea management and mind mapping.
At the same time, I launched one of the first-ever innovation-focused weblogs, called aptly enough The Innovation Weblog. During the past 7 years, it has provided readers with a steady stream of insights and ideas on how to leverage innovation and creativity to help them and their organizations to be more successful. Most recently, I converted it to a team blog, and now have a stable of 15 writers adding their insights to it.
The Mind Mapping Software Blog
The Mind Mapping Software Blog is the leading source of news, trends and best practices related to mind mapping software and other visual mapping tools. It covers a variety of topics that are focused on the needs of users of mind mapping software, including:
- Tips and techniques to help you be more productive with this type of software
- News about new and updated software programs and add-ins (you’ll usually hear about these announcements here first, because software developers view my blog as the “go-to” source for new developments in mind mapping technology.
- The most valuable resources that will help you to enhance your visual mapping experience
- Reviews of visual mapping programs, add-ins and web-based applications
- Research and reports about the growth of this powerful type of productivity software.
In short, The Mind Mapping Software Blog is the definitive source for mind mapping software news, trends and best practices.
I have also authored two popular e-books about mind mapping software:
- Power Tips & Strategies for Mind Mapping Software (Third Edition) is a collection of tips and best practices for current users of mind mapping software that has become the de facto standard for this type of productivity tool.
- Creativity Hacks, an e-book that aims to help busy executives to learn proven techniques to become world-class creative problem solvers, and to profit from emerging opportunities by generating winning ideas and solutions.
I also enjoy the challenges of photographing concerts and other events.
Chuck Frey on Twitter
During the last few years, I have become one of the most trusted sources of “tweets” on mind mapping and innovation on Twitter.
My Twitter Grade is 100 out of 100 points – which speaks to the frequency of my tweets, the quality of the people who are following me and other factors. In other words, you can count on me to be a quality source of insights.
Thanks for visiting my about page – if you haven’t already done so, please be sure to follow me on Twitter so we can interact there!