Mind mapping software is a powerful tool for supporting the processes of innovation – envisioning and developing the new products, services and business models that will drive future growth.
Last week, I asked you how you are utilizing mind mapping software to innovate. Here is a summary of what you had to say:
- Run brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas for products, services and business models
- Capture information about ideas, competitors, products, features and other data that can help you to asses the feasibility of each idea, as well as plan out the work in each project.
- Use mind maps to manage technology scouting projects and open innovation (collaborating with others outside your organization to drive innovative new products and services). They are ideal for capturing and managing a range of possible solutions and how they relate to the core problem you’re trying to solve.
- Map out customer expectations, which are a powerful way to come up with new ideas that will delight them.
- Use a set of thought-provoking, words, questions or other stimuli – such as BVITS or SCAMPER – as a catalyst for new ideas.
- Map out storyboards for your innovation initiatives.
- Add blank topics to your map, to spur your powerful subconscious mind into action.
- Use mind maps to do “what if” analysis on potential workflows, tactics, strategic scenarios and competitive positioning
No doubt about it – this is powerful stuff!
Leave a Reply