Mind mapping software can be a powerful ally to help you level up your thinking and accelerate your career. According to respondents of my last Mind Mapping Software Trends survey:
- It increases the productivity and creativity of its users by an average of 30%,
- The number one benefit of mind mapping software they cited is improved understanding of complex business issues,
- Over 40% say it helps them reach clarity on key business issues faster, and
- Over one-fourth of respondents said it differentiates them in the minds of their bosses and senior-level executives.
If mind mapping software isn’t currently part of your personal productivity toolkit, it should be.
Here are 7 ways you can easily use your mind mapping software to differentiate yourself in the eyes of your boss:
- Ask more insightful questions based on your more detailed visual analysis of a business challenge or opportunity
- Uncover and reveal connections, relationships and patterns that your peers aren’t even aware of. Your boss will definitely appreciate you for thinking deeply and creatively about their business.
- Look at the challenge from multiple perspectives; by comparison, your peers are probably only looking at it from a single perspective – inevitably the most obvious one.
- Uncover new opportunities and ideas based on lateral thinking (literally, “thinking sideways:) with your mind map and present them to your boss.
- Lead a team brainstorming session, using a mind map to capture the group’s output.
- Enhance your reports with compelling mind map visuals that add clarity and depth to your findings.
- Reveal your thinking process using a mind map. How did you arrive at your ideas, insights and conclusions?
If you think, plan and reason just like everyone else you will be treated like everyone else. To succeed, you must differentiate yourself.
In your work, your compensation and your level of advancement will be equal to the quality of your thinking. Make sure it’s the best it can be!