Visual Bubble is a website that has been offering macros and add-ins for MindManager for the last year or so. Recently, they made available a new Visual Bubble Ribbon toolbar for MindManager 7, which adds 9 new pieces of functionality to the mind mapping program:
- Sum selected topics – This tool adds up the numeric values of multiple topics and then displays their sum in a floating topic.
- Left aligned map – Creates a new blank map with the topic alignment set to left.
- Convert linked documents – This tool takes any topic that links to a document and converts that link to an attachment.
- Filter topic text – This tool allows you to select and then filter topics based on a search string which is contained in the topics only.
- Dated topic generator – This tool allows you to create a range of topics within a set date range.
- Transparent relationships – Allows you to turn relationship lines and their call-outs transparent.
- Vertical topic text – This tool takes the selected topic and makes its text vertical.
- Category map marker – This tool automatically sorts flagged topics into an organizational chart layout, using the map marker names for the category topics. Anything not flagged with a Green, Red, Black, Blue or Yellow flag is marked No Category. This tool is great for Six Hats thinking exercises.
- Visual date marker – This tool allows you to flag and filter topics according to user definable task completion and due dates based on duration.
You can purchase a login to access this add-in for £ 10.00 (approximately US$20). One more item of interest: Apparently the Visual Bubble site won’t be around much longer, according to an announcement on the site – which states that it will be closing on or around June 30, 2008.