CS Odessa recently released sceenshots of ConceptDraw MINDMAP 5, which it hopes to release by the end of this month. New and improved features in this version include these:
- A completely new and easier to use attractive interface. Using clipart instead of library shapes allows you to create professionally styled maps.
- The Outline and Map views are shown simultaneously
- Lets you switch easily between the map and its text description. Any changes and additions immediately appear in both views.
- Lets you navigate between documents and pages. This is a powerful tool for the effective management of large volumes of information.
- A more convenient and customizable Brainstorm mode.
- Helps you generate ideas and then discuss them in a group. First you write down your ideas and then convert them into a visual map with a click of a
button. The timer lets you limit the length of your brainstorming session.
- Callout windows
- Allows you to add comments to the topics by placing random ideas not connected with the main subject matter outside your map, and then return to these ideas later.
Watch for more details on ConceptDraw MINDMAP 5 next week in the developer’s ConceptDraw Lab blog, which was launched in mid-February as a place to post new utilities and add-ins to its ConceptDraw products as well as a place where the firm’s managers and developers can post their thoughts on software-related issues and present new product developments.