The Buzan organization recently announced that it will launch version 3 of its iMindMap software in August, 2008. This new iteration of the organic mind mapping application includes three versions, designed to meet the needs of different user groups. iMindMap Elements is ideal for basic visual mapping needs. iMindmap Professional adds integration with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project) and OpenOffice (Writer, Impress and Calc). And iMindMap Ultimate includes a new set of project management tools.
Other improvements include:
- A reworked user interface, which reduces visual clutter and provides more space for your maps
- Auto-layout and style
- Focus in and out
- Import MindManager and FreeMind files
- Branch text can now wrap around to multiple lines (surprising because Tony Buzan preaches that shorter is better when it comes to naming topics)
- Improved “highlight clouds” (boundaries)
- Integrated sketch and screen capture tools
- Branch sorting tools
- E-learning courses that teach you how to use the program’s many features (Ultimate version only)
I hope to get my hands on a beta copy of iMindMap 3 shortly. Please watch this blog for more details as they become available.
If you’ve been thinking about investing in iMindMap, the Buzan organization is currently offering a special promotion: Buy iMindMap 2 now, and receive a free copy of version 3 when it’s released. Click here for more details on this great deal.
Leave a Reply