I recently had an opportunity to interview Jenz Johnson, author of the awesome new book, Mobo Brain: A Guide to Mobile Brainpower. It outlines some simple but powerful methods that anyone can use to transform their smartphones and tablets into a powerful second brain.
Mobo Brain contains some great insights that will help you to be more productive, creative and, well, smart! I learned a lot, and was impressed with Johnson’s straightforward yet profound approach to his subject. I knew I had to talk to him to learn more about the thinking behind this marvelous book. So I invited him to participate in a podcast with me.
As expected, Johnson was every bit as fascinating as his book. During our 30-minute conversation, we discussed a variety of topics, including:
- The thinking behind Mobo Brain
- How our mobile devices can help make us do a better job of leveraging our brainpower
- How to set up your very own “mobo brain”
- How to create visual “road maps” to capture ideas, knowledge and more
- Capturing it all in cloud-based, tagged repositories, accessible anywhere via our devices
- Visual templates for thinking, planning, problem solving and decision making
- Brainstorming apps – for generating fresh ideas and insights on the go
- Advanced strategies for capturing information online and adding it to your digital brain
If you’re looking for ways to be more productive and creative – and to leverage the tools you already have in some powerful new ways – then this interview is a must-listen!
Mobo Brain will be published on March 5, 2013. You can learn more and pre-order the book here (hint: hover over the book’s title in the dark gray box – a menu will appear). Watch for a review of the book on this blog in the near future.