Mind Technologies just announced to its resellers that it will launch a new version 10 of Visual Mind on May 30, 2008. Enhancements include:
- A ribbon toolbar, which will expose more of the program’s tools to users.
- The image library is now categorized by type, and you can create an image "favorites" group for quick access to frequently-used images.
- Keyword search of the image library
- The ability to drag and drop external images into a Visual Mind map
- A new auto-capitalize feature, which automatically capitalizes the first letter of the first word of each topic in your map.
- A problem with producing PDFs from Visual Mind maps on the Microsoft Vista operating system has been solved.
- A Software Development Kit (SDK), which will enable third party developers to integrate their applications into the new Visual Mind ribbon toolbar.
I have downloaded the beta version of Visual Mind 10, and will be playing around with it in the coming weeks. I will let you know what I think.