In this wide-ranging discussion, Parker shares some valuable insights into how he uses mind mapping software to manage a multi-faceted and astoundingly efficient publishing business that includes:
- His popular Published & Profitable blog and membership site, which contains hundreds of articles, reports, templates and other excellent resources
- Nearly 40 published books with nearly 2 million books sold to date
- Guest posting on a number of blogs, including the Mindjet Blog
- Interviews with dozens of writers and publishing experts
- A coaching program to help other writers become published
In the course of this 40-minute discussion, Roger reveals several key strategies he uses to track dozens of writing and promotion projects, republish and repurpose content to get the greatest value from it and how he uses something he calls a “content dashboard” to manage all of his activities.
If you’re a blogger or write for a living, don’t miss this interview.
Parker has some insights that, after our discussion was over and I was reviewing my notes, made me say, “Whoa! That’s pretty profound!” Keep in mind, I live this stuff. It takes a lot to impress me. I’ve heard most of the strategies for utilizing mind mapping software for greater efficiency, productivity and creativity. But Roger managed to surprise me with several ideas that I’m definitely going to incorporate into my blogging and writing strategies!
If you’re not a blogger or writer, you’ll still find plenty of value in this interview. Roger and I talked quite a bit about how to adapt his strategies to business writing of all types. His strategies are simple but incredibly well thought-out and effective, and you’ll learn a lot from his no-nonsense advice.
If you’d like to access this report, I urge you to try out the Mind Mapping Insider program. As I pointed out in a recent post, it’s a modest investment (less than US$20 a month) that can make a much larger impact on your effectiveness.