During the past 8 years, I have written extensively on all of the different ways mind mapping software helps business people be more productive, decisive and strategic. These qualities of thinking are more important than ever, because of combination of stagnant growth and unprecedented levels of uncertainty in business.
To remind you of the strategic value of mind mapping software, I created the infographic below. A list of these examples are also included below in text form, with links to blog posts where you can learn more about each topic.
17 ways mind mapping software can add strategic value to your business
- Get to the root causes of problems and develop creative solutions
- Organize your thinking and quickly reach clarity on complex business issues and challenges
- Manage projects more efficiently than ever before
- Explore trade-offs when you’re making important decisions
- Identify new relationships and opportunities that weren’t visible before
- Conduct a competitive analysis
- Use it with your team to reach consensus faster on key decisions
- Perform a SWOT analysis (strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats) analysis
- Analyze and improve your business model
- Conduct research and capture your findings in a mind map
- Conduct scenario planning
- Manage complex writing projects
- Increase productivity (average 20%+)
- Synthesize knowledge and information effectively
- Conduct “what if” thinking exercises with the contents of your mind map
- View information and knowledge from different perspectives
- Improve collaboration by co-creating a shared hierarchy of information
What do you think?
What would you add to this list? Please share your thoughts in the comments area below. I look forward to your insights!