The first issue of Using Mind Maps, a new interactive magazine published by Faizel Mohidin, debuted last week, and it’s quite impressive. Featuring informative articles and a beautiful design, Using Mind Maps promises to help this visual technique to reach a wider audience worldwide. It is available now on the Apple AppStore and is delivered via the Newsstand app for the iPad.
Topics covered in the first issue include:
- Collaboration – Liam Hughes on his efforts to build a worldwide collaborative mind mapping community via his BiggerPlate.com website and the new “Unplugged” conferences.
- How to explore your career path, explained with a mind map in a video from Adam Sicinski
- Getting started with mind mapping software, authored by me
- Mind mapping principles, explained by Faizel Mohidin
- An interview with Liam Hughes from Biggerplate.com, in which he explains the thinking behind its Biggerplate Unplugged conference series, and his thoughts on how the debut event in London went.
- Book summary on The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – depicted as a mind map, of course
- How to take a more visual and strategic view of your LinkedIn profile, using a mind map to outline a more cohesive approach to selling yourself and your skills – a video by me.
The iPad is the perfect delivery platform for this colorful, informative magazine. It features links, embedded videos and other other great multimedia features. Whoever designed it did an awesome job!
Many thanks to Faizel for taking the lead on this important project. This first issue provides an excellent overview of how the average person can utilize mind mapping software. It also does an excellent job of showcasing the vibrancy of this young technology and hinting at its promise as a tool for productivity and creativity. I look forward to seeing where he takes it from here!
Faizel is the author of the MindMapTutor website, which provides a collection of resources aimed at helping people learn how to use mind mapping.
You can learn more about the Using Mind Maps magazine by visiting its website.
Leave a Reply