Mind mapping software can help
I’ve just launched a free 32-page illustrated guide that shows you 24 ways that mind mapping software can help you to transform how you:
- Brainstorm and plan your book’s content, characters and plot –
- Create, launch and manage a profitable platform around your book
- Write faster, with greater clarity and less wasted effort
- Promote your book with a more comprehensive and easy to manage campaign
- Manage the entire writing process, from start to finish!
The entire process – from planning and writing to launching a book and building a promotion platform around it – requires a myriad of moving parts. Mind maps enable you to organize them in flexible, visual outlines. They can also serve as powerful project management tools, helping you track the progress of your writing project!
What does this book contain?
Here’s a high-level summary of its contents, in both outline and mind map form. It’s main focus is helping you to see what mind mapping software makes possible – and to explain how, specifically, it can improve and accelerate your writing process:
- Create a high-level plan for your book’s structure
- Explore alternate storylines
- Define the “must-haves” for your topic
- This is a topic note
- Create a plan for each chapter
- Research competing books
- Define and analyze your ideal audience
- Identify your book platform goals
- Map out character profiles and relationships
- Create a mind map to contain your research
- Visually organize your research
- Use links to keep track of all your research sources
- Manage your research
- Create an idea repository
- Not sure what to do with an idea? “Table” it.
- Export your book outline to Microsoft Word
- Capture extended information in topic notes
- “Black out” topics when done writing about them
- Use icons and symbols to manage your writing
- Create reminders for yourself
- Develop a marketing plan for your book
- Develop a “pitch list”
- Create an editorial calendar map
- Explore additional resources about writing with mind mapping software
Each topic contains a mind map to inspire you with what’s possible, so you can easily use what you’ve learned to create your own book planning, writing and promotion maps!
Here’s a sample page from the book:
Who is this book for
You should read this guide if you are:
- A frustrated writer who is looking for a better way to manage the maelstrom of details involved in planning, writing and promoting your book – and who may be curious to learn how mind mapping software can help you.
- An existing user of mind mapping software who is seeking new tips, tricks and strategies you can use to make your writing mind maps work even harder.