Mango Software has announced the launch of XMIND 2008 version 2.1, which offers five new features:
- Free positioning of branches: Using the Alt key when moving branches, you can freely position them in this new version. If you don’t like the result, you can choose a "rearrange main branches" command to restore them to their old positions.
- Align floating topics: You can now left/right/center/top/bottom align floating topics. I’m not sure how useful this is to most users, unless your maps tend to have a lot of floating topics.
- Wallpaper: You can now select from over 30 image backgrounds for your maps, or add your own image as the background.
- Presentation panel: A new presentation panel gives you controls to move the focus of the presentation, filter the map, zoom and more.
- Save for drilldown: The drilldown function of XMIND has been improved. When you drill down into a topic, you can save this as a new map directly in context menu. I think this functionality could be very useful, especially if you have drilled down into a particular topic, added a lot of detail to it and then decide that it really needs to be "broken off" into its own map.
Click here to read my review of XMIND 2008 – I think it’s an impressive mind mapping tool, and it keeps getting better with each frequent update.
Leave a Reply