Imagine what would be possible if you could reliably generate higher-value ideas. My new package of 16 brainstorming mind map templates is based on proven ideation techniques that will help you think more divergently and creatively.
Do any of these scenarios describe you?
- You’re facing some big challenges you’ve been struggling to solve
- You’re looking for innovative strategies to help you get ahead at work
- You’re seeking ideas to help you launch a new creative project or side hustle
- You’re struggling to get the attention of people you really want to influence
- When you really need it, you feel like your creative muse has gone missing or is hibernating
These templates can help you elevate and expand your thinking in some valuable ways and can enable you to be creative on-demand.
How can brainstorming techniques help you?
Isn’t generating top-of-mind ideas enough? Not really, because your brain tends to follow habitual patterns of thinking, which means top-of-mind ideas usually aren’t that valuable. In the same way that a catalyst is added to a chemical reaction to speed it up, brainstorming tools stimulate your brain to think more divergently and creatively, and to push your thinking beyond the obvious ideas that usually have limited value.
In my recent Xmind webinar, I shared 10 brainstorming techniques – delivered via mind maps – that can help you amplify your creativity and generate higher value ideas. If you missed it, here’s the recording on YouTube
I also shared a link where webinar participants could download free Xmind templates for 2 of the brainstorming techniques I covered, and I hinted that I was working on a larger package of brainstorming templates. They’re finally DONE!
16 brainstorming templates that will rock your thinking
These remarkable creative thinking tools are now ready to share with you. They include:
- Creative prompts and thinking exercises that are guaranteed to kick-start your thinking in fresh, creative directions.
- Brief instructions on what each brainstorming technique is, how you can apply it and, most importantly, how to use it – in an actionable step-by-step format. You won’t find this helpful feature in any other templates available online.
Here are the 16 brainstorming templates that are part of this new package:
- 5 Ws & H
- Adapt an idea
- Attribute listing
- Board of directors
- Force field analysis
- Future scenarios
- 25 creative lenses for looking at creative challenges
- Morphological analysis
- Phoenix checklist
- Problem definition
- Reverse assumptions
- The ultimate SCAMPER map (with over 200 brainstorming triggers)
- Second-order effects
- Serendipity triggers
- Six thinking hats
What are these brainstorming techniques?
I didn’t just dream these brainstorming techniques up. They are proven ideation methods that have been successfully used for decades. What I did was enhance them by adapting them to use with mind maps. I hand-picked them from over 20 years of research into creativity, a passion of mind (along with visual thinking).
Xmind is renowned for its ease of use. I’ve been recommending it for years to anyone just starting out with mind mapping tools.
So this is the perfect combination: Smart, proven brainstorming techniques that will stretch your thinking in new directions plus one of the world’s most popular and easy to use mind mapping tools.
Benefits of these templates
- Unlock creative solutions to challenges that have been holding you back
- Amplify and stretch your thinking in exciting new directions
- Generate higher-value ideas than you ever dreamed possible – even if you don’t think you’re creative
- Uncover astounding possibilities and opportunities
- Impress your boss, clients and peers with your creative insights
- Accelerate your career
Don’t take my word for it
“These 16 templates are an absolute treasure trove of innovative brainstorming techniques. The variety of brainstorming techniques covered in the templates is truly impressive. From the classic Six Thinking Hats to the innovative Invisible Solutions – 25 Lenses, there is something here for every creative challenge. The inclusion of step-by-step instructions for each technique is incredibly helpful and ensures that even those new to mind mapping can effectively utilize these templates. I can already envision how they will greatly enhance my problem-solving abilities and idea generation process.”
– Sathyanand S., Xmind Ambassador
“Chuck Frey’s 16 mind map templates offer a diverse range of approaches for problem-solving and idea generation. Each template provides a practical and structured framework to stimulate creativity and facilitate brainstorming sessions. From the simplicity of Problem Definition to the complexity of Ultimate SCAMPER Map, these templates cater to various preferences and needs, empowering individuals to unlock innovative solutions and insights.”
– Tuba Kizilkan, Xmind Ambassador
Who am I?
What are my qualifications to provide you with these creativity-enhancing tools? I am the founder and author of this blog, and am widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on mind mapping and visual thinking. I’ve been covering Xmind and other tools like it here for over 17 years. It’s my mission to help people like you use them more effectively! I’ve also written extensively about creative problem-solving tools and techniques for over two decades.
Why invest in these templates?
Our brains follow habitual thinking paths. That means “brutethinking” – brainstorming and trying to think up new ideas on our own – tends to lead us to the same old, tired ideas. Brainstorming techniques are thinking accelerators. They whack our thinking in new directions, leading us to more divergent and valuable ideas. And that’s where the real value lies.
To be clear, these brainstorming templates are NOT for everyone.
If you’re satisfied with the same old ideas, then don’t bother with these templates. Keep doing what you’re doing and good luck to you
But if you’re hungry for new insights and valuable new ideas and want to increase your odds of success, these templates will:
- Amplify your thinking,
- Multiply the value of your ideas, and
- Elevate the results you’re able to achieve!
($49 for 16 templates – that’s only $3 each – a bargain compared to the value of the ideas you’ll create!)