Does mind mapping software make you more creative?Jul 1st, 2013 | By Chuck Frey | Category: Discussion
I recently conducted a poll of fans of mind mapping on LinkedIn and Google+ to get an answer to this question: Does mind mapping software make you more creative?
The results were somewhat surprising to me. My hypothesis was that perhaps 60% of respondents would say yes, it makes them more creative, while the other 40% would say no – either because they haven’t used mind mapping software and aren’t familiar with this benefit of it, or because they have used it, and just didn’t see this outcome.
The actual results were much higher: 87% of respondents said that mind mapping software makes them more creative, while only 13% said it didn’t.
I didn’t attempt to qualify anyone’s participation in this informal poll. In other words, I didn’t try to limit it only to people who actually use mind mapping software. I was more interested in the general perception of it.